While all your friends geeked out over the
Golden Globe nominees, we’ve got your interests covered: the menu!
70th Annual Golden Globe Awards take place next Sunday, January 13th, and, unlike its classy cousin Oscar, this party allows celebs to chug champagne and scarf down dinner right in the middle of the awards ceremony. Okay, so there might not be a ton of scarfing happening — Spanx( Manx?) are digestion-prohibitive accessories. But, on the bright side, you can cook along for your Globes viewing party, where everyone will surely be wearing adjustable-waisted pants. Or pajamas.
Executive Pastry Chef Thomas Henzi and Executive Chef Suki Sugiura created a three-course menu for the fête: an uber-fussy sounding first course of grilled artichoke on frisee served with fennel-tomato-lemon mousse, Kabocha-pumpkin-smoked dried tomato tart, and pepper-honey goat cheese; a surf-and-turf second course of smoked flat-iron steak and Pacific sea bass; and cappucino mousse cake for dessert. (We suggest a less mid-1990s-christening-inspired dessert option for your guests. Be creative!) Oh, and don’t forget the 2004 Grand Vintage Moet et Chandon champagne. That’s what the stars will be swilling that night, anyway.
A visual guide of the menu is available below.
There's no cross domain hackery or tracking voodoo, it's just some sweet jQuery animations.
Please, think of the animations.
In the meantime, enjoy the html version below. I guess. If that's your thing.
10. Fresh Newt Meat
10. Fresh Newt Meat - Gingrich has coasted along in debates thus far, bitching at the moderators, attacking President Obama, and complimenting his rivals. All of that ends now that he's a threat. The media, and his rivals, are about to introduce Gingrich to their two friends, Rake and Coals.
9. Rhymes With “Blingrich”
9. Rhymes With "Blingrich" - The GOP base has shown a fondness for the 1%, but a half-million dollar revolving credit line at Tiffany's is not the kind of metaphor you want when you're fighting a debt-limit increase. Plus, Tiffany's? These people think . Dijon mustard is too fancified
8. Rhymes With “Cute”
8. Rhymes With "Cute" - As in, Newt ain't. This isn't at all fair, but it has been a long time since Americans have elected a president who looks like the spawn of Fred Flintstone and a Lego character.
7. Gadaffi Duck
7. Gadaffi Duck - If you thought Herman Cain's Libya moment was embarrassing, try wading through Newt's zig-zagging on President Obama's handling of the Libya crisis as it unfolded. Cain-like silence would have been a gift to Gingrich
6. He’s Not As Think As He Smarts He Is
6. He's Not As Think As He Smarts He Is - Newt Gingrich is often held up by conservatives as the epitome of modern conservative intellectualism, which is a bit like being voted Most Congenial Sith Lord. The glare of the top spot will expose the intellect that told us in May that anyone who quoted him directly was a liar.
5. Invented Romneycare
5. Invented Romneycare - In the same way that Al Gore invented the internet, that is. Nobody really noticed, or cared, when Mitt Romney reminded Newt that the idea for Romneycare came from a Gingrich-supported Heritage Foundation plan from the nineties. All Newt could do was dispute that he thought the idea up. "I agreed with them. I'm just saying. What you said to this audience just now plain wasn't true. That's not where you got it from." Expect that blow to land harder at the next debate, when people are paying attention to Newt. He'd better have a better answer than, "I liked it, I just didn't think it up."
4. Trashed Beloved Paul Ryan Budget Plan As “Radical,” “Social Engineering”
4. - This is the sin that forced Newt to declare a fatwa on anyone who quoted him directly (see #6). If Newt is around long enough to have ads run against him, you can bet this will be in there. Trashed Beloved Paul Ryan Budget Plan As "Radical," "Social Engineering"
3. Once, Twice, Three Times A Lady
3. Once, Twice, Three Times A Lady - As polling already suggests, Gingrich's three marriages are a liability with many conservative voters. As if that wasn't bad enough...
2. America The Booty-ful
2. America The Booty-ful - In the worst attempt at resume´-cleaning in history, Gingrich actually blamed his own adultery on his love for America. Conservatives appreciate a candidate who wraps himself in the flag, not one who towels himself off with it.
1. He’s Already Done It Once
1. He's Already Done It Once - There's a reason Newt has been so loosey-goosey during debates. After his campaign imploded in the early going, and most of his staff resigned en masse, he really didn't have much to lose by hanging in there and playing elder statesman.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org