Enjoy Some Random Facts About Anthony Bourdain (Thanks Us Weekly)
Just when we thought we would never crack open an Us Weekly again (who are we kidding, we’re about to fly for the holidays and we need all the trash magazines and candy to get us through just the G-D airport), we find the random “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” written by our dude, Anthony Bourdain!
Some of the facts about Bourdain are not surprises — he loves cooking with his daughter, he loves jujitsu — and others we didn’t (“All of the judges on The Taste are really close,” who knew?). And others read more like life wisdoms we should all abide by. Consider the following:
6. I think runny, smelly cheese is one of life’s great joys.
Get a needlepoint of that.
7. I haven’t worn an earring or thumb ring since my daughter was born. Dads shouldn’t have earrings. Or thumb rings.
10. I have a weakness for fried chicken and really trashy mac and cheese.
If your mac and cheese isn’t trashy, you’re doing it wrong.
14. If it takes you more than 10 seconds to describe the wine I am about to drink, you’ve kind of ruined it for me.
25. I have very rigid criteria for what makes a good burger. And a brioche bun is not part of it.
TRUTH BOMB. We never knew we could enjoy a random Us Weekly column so much. We’ll be over here selling our Anthony Bourdain needlepoints for the holidays.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com