‘Grinch’ Sets Whoville Christmas Float on Fire After Flicking Out a Cigarette
Jeanine Jackson is the creator of a Facebook group to help reunite lost pets with their owners, and she was going to take part in a Christmas parade yesterday in Huntsville, Alabama. Jackson had her own float based on Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, though her plans to participate literally went up in flames while she and her husband were transporting the float on the highway.
“Somebody flicked a cigarette out and it landed in the straw on our float and burned it to the ground,” Jackson said. “Luckily, several people came and helped us unload some of the stuff. We were able to salvage some of it, but the house we worked so hard on, that we were so proud of went up in smoke.”
Jackson said that the float took three months to make, and it consisted of $1,000 of donated material. Most of the float was torched by the time Huntsville Fire Department put out the flames, though they were able to save some of the animals who were going to ride the float in their Whoville costumes.
No word on the driver who caused the inferno, though it might be safe to assume he’s a bad banana with a greasy black peel.
Watch a local report above, via WHNT.
[Image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org