On Monday, The Wrap’s Hunter Walker reported that an Obama fundraiser at “West Wing” producer John Wells‘ house closed down major east-west through streets like Olympic, Pico, and Santa Monica boulevards, causing a gridlock throughout the city. At the time the article was written, Walker had been stuck for three hours in “the worst traffic jam” he’d ever seen. And while Walker will never get those three precious hours back, he would at least like some answers from the Obama administration. (The Los Angeles Times has more on the traffic jam.)
Easier said than done, it seems. The Wrap contacted Wells for a statement, who told them to
“We work very closely with local law enforcement on Presidential motorcade routes and we always try to have the least impact possible. We’re not going to discuss any specifics.”
And that, apparently, is that. For those residents of L.A. who were perturbed by the traffic jam and are not satisfied with this response, I’d suggest selling your car and moving to New York, where the biggest pedestrian traffic nuisance would be waiting to cross Fifth Avenue during the annual Gay Pride Parade in June when you’re already 15 minutes late for brunch – I know from experience.