comScore

Man Dies After Accidentally Drinking From Bottle Containing $50,000 of Meth

A British man died after drinking from a bottle containing $50,000 worth of crystal methamphetamine, mistakenly believing it to be a health drink.

Romano Dias, 55, was given the bottle by his daughter, who had found it in a package delivered to the house months earlier. Dias drank from the bottle and complained that it tasted awful, before alerting his family that his throat was burning. “I am in trouble here,” he said. “I am dying, I am dead.”

Authorities examined the bottle and said it contained about $50,000 of pure liquid methamphetamine.

The package had been delivered to the correct residence, but was not addressed to anybody who lived there, and the family had kept it on the chance that someone might collect it. British police now believe the package had been intended for a drug dealer, though the its wrapping has long since been discarded, limiting any investigation.

[h/t Daily Mail]

[Image via Clandestine Methamphetamine Laboratories]

——
>> Follow Evan McMurry (@evanmcmurry) on Twitter

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under:
  1. Mediaite
  2. The Mary Sue
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. Law & Crime
  5. SportsGrid
  6. AmboTV
  7. Gossip Cop