Mediaite Hiring Editor/Writer to Focus on Women’s Issues in Media/Politics
Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, newshound to analyze the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment from a female perspective. You would be writing opinion pieces and news stories using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it. But in the end, you are a media critic with a focus on women’s issues.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle then we want to talk to you.
– A clear, concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders
– You thrive under pressure, and are able to find issues bubbling up in the media world before they have been widely reported
– A clear understanding of how Twitter, Facebook, user-generated content and viral videos are shaping the news cycle
– Strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
– The ability to write an “objective” news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next
Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written and edited.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com