Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, newshound to analyze the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment. You would be writing opinion pieces and news stories using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it. But in the end, you are a media critic. You will be read and seen by all the most important people in media and politics.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle, then we want to talk to you.
– A concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders
– Ability to find issues bubbling up in the conservative or liberal media world before they have been widely reported
– A clear understanding of how Twitter, Facebook, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle
– Strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has focused on?
– Ability to write an objective news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next
— Ability to handle writing and editing a high volume of news stories — from breaking news to opinion pieces
– New York or Washington based is preferred but not required.
– Pay is relatively modest to start with quick opportunity for growth
– Send us an email ([email protected]) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written and edited.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]