Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, smart newshound to analyze the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment. You would be writing opinion pieces as well as some straight news pieces using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle then we want to talk to you.
- a clear, concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders;
- opinion pieces from another publication should be available to submit as examples of your work;
- experience providing clean, grammatically correct copy,
thrive under pressure, and excel when stress levels are at their highest;
- a clear understanding of how Twitter, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle;
- strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
Should be flexible and willing to respond to the news occasionally on nights or weekends.
This position will begin as an hourly position either part or full- time so while NYC is preferable, working remotely is certainly an option as well. If it works out, full time with benefits will be offered.
Send us an email ([email protected]) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written or edited.
Mediaite is the site for news, information and smart opinions about online, broadcast and print media and entertainment, offering original and immediate assessments of the latest news as it breaks.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]