WATCH: 6 of Joan Rivers’ Most Outrageous Moments
Legendary comedienne Joan Rivers died Thursday at 81. Below, Mediaite takes a look at some of her most memorable media moments.
1. Her interview with Johnny Carson in 1966. Rivers credits Carson for her breakout into the mainstream.
2. Rivers’ iconic performance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1967 wherein she compared men to women in relationships.
3. In 1985, Rivers told Oprah Winfrey that she “must lose the weight.”
4. When Rivers played on NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice in 2009, in a moment of rage she called two of the other contestants “a piece of shit” and “a stupid blonde.”
5. Rivers was roasted by other big-name comedians in 2009. In her closing performance she said she planned to “keep comedy going” for the next 100 years. “Just like herpes,” she said, “when you least expect it, I will be there.”
6. As recently as July, Rivers was as fired-up as ever, walking out on an interview with CNN.
[Image via screen grab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org