But when compared to the rest of cable, FNC remains the #3 network in total viewers (prime time). Here’s more details from the month.
• Fox News was the #3 network on all of cable, while MSNBC was 29th, CNN 34th and HLN 37th.
• FNC’s prime time programs topped CNN, MSNBC and HLN combined in total viewers. During every hour, FNC beat CNN and MSNBC combined.
• Fox News had the top 11 programs in total viewers and the top eight programs in the demo during August.
• Red Eye, FNC’s 3amET show, had better ratings in the demo than CNN’s 8pmET Rick’s List.
• Still, like many programs on cable news, FNC saw declines. The O’Reilly Factor was down 20% in total viewers and 26% in the demo, Hannity was down 20% in total viewers and 24% in demo and On The Record declined 17% in total viewers and 24% in demo. That was comparable with MSNBC’s decline in the demo – CNN was down more year-to-year.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org