Fox’s James Rosen Responds to Holder’s Regrets over Calling Him ‘Co-Conspirator’
James Rosen has responded to outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder‘s regrets over having labeled the Fox News reporter a “co-conspirator” during an investigation last year.
Speaking with MSNBC’s Jonathan Capehart at a Washington, D.C., event on Wednesday, Holder said of his actions during the Rosen subpoena: “I think that I could’ve been a little more careful looking at the language that was contained in the filing that we made with the court. He was labeled as a co-conspirator…. I think that could have been differently, done better.”
In a vaguely skeptical statement, Rosen said the following:
Throughout this ordeal for my family and me, I have tried to keep my head down and continue covering – and breaking – the news. I consider myself blessed to have an employer in Fox News, and a boss in Roger Ailes, who have stood by me and enabled me to remain focused on what matters most to me in professional terms: first-rate journalism. At some later point, I may have more to say about this entire controversy, which – as commentators from across the ideological spectrum have noted – does indeed raise serious concerns about the state of press freedoms under the present administration. Suffice to say for now that the attorney general’s latest comments about my case, like his previous remarks, scarcely address the relevant facts of his conduct.
Re-watch Holder’s remarks below, via C-SPAN2:
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com