Video: Mitt Romney’s $55,000 Car Elevator Revealed
You may recall that, a few months ago, reports surfaced that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney planned to install a car elevator in his La Jolla beach home, as part of a multi-million dollar renovation. Now, San Diego’s 10 News has gotten a glimpse of the same elevator that’s supposed to go into Romney’s beach hut, and revealed the underwhelming price tag for the controversial conveyance: $55,000.
Now, presidential hopeful Mitt Romney wants to install a Phantom Park in his La Jolla home. First, Romney will bulldoze the current 3,000-square-foot home and build one that is 11,000 square feet. The basement alone will be 3,600 square feet and is planned to have a Phantom Park in it to store his cars.
“For the cost of the lift, delivery and installed… it’s about $55,000,” said Davies.
While $55k isn’t peanuts (that’s almost six bets with Rick Perry, after all), I thought it would be more. The cost of the elevator is just more than double what it cost Romney to lobby for the entire renovation.
The station also got some video of the outside of Romney’s garage (creepy) and several examples of the type of elevator Romney will be getting:
While Gov. Romney’s detractors will likely still let their envy get the better of them, there are lots of good reasons why Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator. Here are the top five:
5. Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator Because…Ann’s Cadillacs really like listening to Girl From Ipanema.
4. Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator Because…A mansion-lowerer would be kind of a dick move.
3. Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator Because…His Bentley is afraid to get on an escalator.
2. Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator Because…Cars are people too, my friend!
1. Mitt Romney Needs A Car Elevator Because…How else is the dog supposed to get on the roof? Take the stairs?
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com