WATCH: Trump Says U.S. is ‘Totally Prepared’ for ‘Devastating’ Military Action Against North Korea
Pres. Trump: “Totally prepared” if North Korea shoots at US plane. “That’s called the military option. If we have to take it, we will.” pic.twitter.com/mJbPZJPzmX
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) September 26, 2017
President Donald Trump gave a joint press conference today with Spain’s prime minister — in which he directed more threats toward North Korea in an attempt to slow their nuclear efforts.
During the presser, Trump — who has already vowed “fire and fury” against North Korea — launched additional threats at Kim Jong Un by promising “devastating” military action against the communist nation.
In response to a question regarding the North Korean foreign minister claiming the U.S. had effectively declared war on North Korea, Trump stated:
“We are totally prepared for the second option. Not a preferred option. If we take that option, it will be devastating. I can tell you that. Devastating for North Korea. That’s called the military option. If we have to take it, we will. He is acting very badly. He is saying things that should never, ever be said. And we’re replying to those things.”
The president also scapegoated the previous four administrations for the nuclear crisis in the Korean peninsula, saying that it could have been “easily” dealt with in the past. “[Previous administrations] left me a mess, but I’ll fix the mess,” said Trump.
Last week, North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho gave a speech in front of the UN General Assembly claiming Trump’s threats against his country were effectively a “suicide mission” making nuclear strikes “inevitable.”
As for Trump, he spent his time in front of the UN Generally Assembly threatening to “totally destroy” North Korea in the event that the U.S. has to defend itself or allies.
Watch clip above via ABC.
[featured image via screengrab]
Follow Caleb Ecarma on Twitter.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org