When a factual error occurs in a story, Mediaite requires a correction to be made promptly and a clear acknowledgement to be noted at the end of the story. We do not require acknowledgments to be made for spelling errors or updates added to a story that has developed.
We encourage our reporters to flag factual errors in their own reporting and their colleagues’. If readers spot a factual error, please reach out to us at [email protected]
Ethics & Diversity Policy
- Take responsibility for the accuracy & reliability of content, and will use original sources whenever it is possible.
- Take context into consideration, and provide full and appropriate context whenever necessary
- Grant anonymity only to those who may face physical harm, danger, or professional consequences
- Give subjects of news coverage ample and fair time to respond to questions and the opportunity to give quotes in response to an article
- Hold those with power accountable for their actions and give those without a voice an opportunity to be heard
- Seek out more diverse voices and sources on the topics we cover
- Constantly look for opportunities to diversify our reader base & editorial staff
- Are committed to creating and maintaining an open and inclusive workplace
- Are transparent about paid content–clearly label sponsored articles
- Never plagiarize
- Use sensitivity when covering victims of sex crimes, juveniles, or those who are unable to give consent
- Avoid conflicts of interest and disclose any unavoidable conflicts
- Refuse gifts or monetary compensation in exchange for coverage that will compromise journalistic integrity or credibility