Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, smart newshound to create original videos in the field.
This position is focused on trying to get interesting comments and thoughts from the biggest media personalities in the business. Whether it’s catching a pundit outside network headquarters or at a public venue, we want to hear the more irreverent side of their personalities. Think of it as a “gentleman’s paparazzi” position. We aren’t looking to embarrass anyone, but we do want to hear another side of the pundits and anchors our audience knows so well. Your job is to get sometimes reluctant personalities, often accustomed to asking the questions, to answer yours.
If you think you have what it takes then we want to talk to you.
– You should have an in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including the ability to identify major cable and broadcast network personalities, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders.
– You should be comfortable shooting a camera (or even phone) and being in front of it if need be.
– You must be willing to be persistent.
– You should have a clear understanding of how Twitter, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle.
– An encyclopedic knowledge of pop culture — especially television — is a huge plus.
For now, this position will be part-time, only paying a relatively modest hourly rate. Telecommuting is perfectly acceptable, as most of the time would be spent in the field.
Our offices are located in New York City. This position is NYC based.
Send us an email (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to any articles or videos you’ve written or edited respectively.
Mediaite is the site for news, information and smart opinions about online, broadcast and print media and entertainment, offering original and immediate assessments of the latest news as it breaks.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org