Romney Campaign: CNN Asked Us To Pull Down Brutal Anti-Perry Ad
The strange case of the missing Mitt Romney YouTube video has been solved, Team Romney says: Turns out CNN did it.
In an email to TPM, Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul said her campaign pulled down the tough attack on Perry at the request of the news network.
“While the use of the CNN clips was fully within our rights under the law, we respect and appreciate the role CNN has played as host in debates over the last several months,” Saul said. “For this reason, we are honoring their request to remove the video.”
The video included a lot of clips of debate video — as well as a lot of clips from networks other than CNN. Take a look at the whole thing, as captured by the Democratic trackers at American Bridge:
The clip went out Wednesday afternoon. By Thursday morning, the video had been pulled down and the website that hosted it had been redesigned.
Note – this post was written by Evan McMorris-Santoro for Talking Points Memo and appears here via a content sharing agreement with Mediaite.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org