Our sister site The Mary Sue is searching for an uber-talented Senior Editor to join our team! We’re looking for a journalist/blogger who gets what we do and has significant knowledge of, and passion for, pop-culture, science, comic books/movies, technology, weird internet memes, social issues, and more! You’ll be tasked with helping to determine which stories we cover, culling news from around the web and putting your personal take on it, helping others come up with original content, managing the site’s editorial staff and workflow, and liaising with the business side of the company. We’d prefer someone living locally near our offices in New York City, but that is not absolutely necessary.
What are the qualities and experiences we’re looking for?
- Someone with direct experience managing/coordinating editorial staff
- Familiarity with WordPress and social media channels (mostly Facebook and Twitter, but Tumblr and Pinterest are great, too!)
- Someone who’s proud to be called a geek
- A multi-tasker who can consume a large amount of information in a short time
- Understanding of the KPIs of blogs (users, sessions, engagement, bounce rate — do these terms mean anything to you? They should and will!)
- Willingness to represent the site in the media
- Bonus points if you’re already part of The Mary Sue community!
What do we want in your application? These things exactly, no more, no less, sent to [email protected]:
- The subject line of your email must read: “TMS Senior Editor 2015”
- A brief cover letter as the BODY of your email
- Your resume/CV (as an attachment) or LinkedIn profile (pick one).
- At least two links to samples of your writing. Preferably one “news” piece and one “opinion” piece.
- Link(s) to your personal website/blog and any public social media accounts if applicable
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]