Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, newshound to analyze the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment from a female perspective. You would be writing opinion pieces and news stories using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it. But in the end, you are a media critic with a focus on women’s issues.
If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle then we want to talk to you.
– A clear, concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics, and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders
– You thrive under pressure and are able to find issues bubbling up in the media world before they have been widely reported
– A clear understanding of how Twitter, Facebook, user-generated content and viral videos are shaping the news cycle
– Strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
– The ability to write an “objective” news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next
New York strongly preferred but not required.
Salary: Entry level
Send us an email (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written and edited.
Mediaite is the site for news, information and smart opinions about online, broadcast and print media and entertainment, offering original and immediate assessments of the latest news as it breaks.
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org