Abrams Media is seeking a mobile/web application developer to join our staff full time. This developer will work on software development for Mediaite and its sibling sites (Geekosystem, Styleite, and SportsGrid).
In case you got here from someplace else on the Internet and are unfamiliar with the company: Abrams Media operates the above-listed news sites, attracting over 5 million monthly uniques as of June 2010. We’re constantly looking to expand the functionality of each of these properties — we’d be happy to discuss our long-term technology goals with qualified applicants.
Speaking of qualifications, applicants must have the following:
- Knowledge of the family of iOS-related technologies including Objective C, the iPhone SDK, and Apple’s interface guidelines
- Knowledge of creating, maintaining, and upgrading web-based applications (we mostly use PHP-MySQL, but related skills might work out just as well)
- Ability to quickly pick up new languages and software packages
- Location in or near the New York metropolitan area
- Full-time availability (five days a week) to work in our SoHo offices
If you’re interested, please email developer.recruitment AT mediaite.com with the following:
- A resume, including a description of your previous work
- Links to downloadable mobile applications that you have created
- A selection of code samples, if you can provide them
We’re looking for an individual to join us full-time. Emails from development firms or consultants will be ignored.
We are looking for someone to begin working with us immediately, so email ASAP if you’re interested. Feel free to email with questions regarding the position.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]