Tate Brothers’ Warrant Came After Streamer Adin Ross Leaked Plan To ‘Flee Romania’

 

Followers of social media influencer Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan Tate believe their arrest Tuesday under a UK-issued warrant came after U.S.-based live streamer friend Adin Ross leaked the duo’s claim that they were planning to “leave Romania” and “never come back.”

The brothers are facing allegations of rape and human trafficking as part of an organised crime group in Romania, their country of residence. After a jail term and house arrest, successfully overturned in an appeals process, the two men were told by local authorities that they cannot leave the country pending a trial date.

In a live stream clip circulating online, Ross read out a message from Andrew:

“Andrew had hit me up. He said: ‘Hey, I’m going to be leaving Romania soon and probably never coming back. If you want to come over and do a week of long streams and content before I leave, I think it’ll be big.’ And it’s never, it’s, I’m sorry… ‘it’s basically now or never.’ So, you know, and this is just, I told you guys this year, you know, it’s a week of content, right? And again, guys, it might be the last time we ever do this. So it’s kind of like we got to take advantage of it now because… it’s basically like, yeah, it’s like that.”

This revelation, it is suspected, prompted UK law enforcement to take swift action to prevent a potential flight risk to a country with no extradition arrangement with either the UK or Romania.

The idea appears to be confirmed by a statement issued by McCue Jury & Partners law firm, representing four British women who accuse Andrew Tate of “rape and serious physical and sexual assaults.” Part of the statement reads:

“Last week we received information that Tate might have been planning to flee Romania, where he is due to stand trial for separate allegations of rape and human trafficking. We wrote to British police to bring this to their attention and to urge them to immediately seek a warrant for Tate’s detention and extradition to the UK.”

The extradition warrant which led to the brothers’ detention Tuesday was issued by Westminster Magistrates Court in London, pertaining to allegations including sexual aggression and exploitation of individuals in the UK between 2012 and 2015.

Romanian authorities confirmed the UK’s warrant led to their arrest, and they were subsequently presented to the Bucharest Court of Appeal. Here, a decision was made to hold the pair for an initial 24-hour period.

In a statement from the Tate brothers’ spokesperson Mateea Petrescu said the pair “categorically reject all charges” and branded them as a “bewildering revival of decade-old accusations.” The two brothers said they were “dismayed and deeply troubled” by these resurrected claims, especially in the absence of “substantial new evidence.”

The representatives continued to say that the brothers “are fully committed to challenging these accusations with unwavering determination and resolve.”

On Tuesday evening an update from the British womens’ legal representative Matthew Jury said he understood “the Romanian court has just now approved the UK’s request to extradite Andrew Tate for sexual offences” but that this would not take place until “after the conclusion of Romania’s own prosecution of Tate.” He said this was “customary” and that it meant “whatever the outcome of the Romanian trial, Tate will also face prosecution in England.”

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under: