Mediaite is looking for an ambitious, energetic, right-leaning newshound to analyze the names, the brands, the gossip, the digerati of news, politics, and entertainment. You would be writing opinion pieces and news stories using any and all of the tools of digital storytelling: Words, video, pictures, social interactions, book excerpts, you name it. But in the end, you are a media critic. If you think you have what it takes and want to impact the news cycle then we want to talk to you.
- A clear, concise, and in-depth knowledge of the world of news, politics and media, including online personalities, major cable and broadcast networks, leading columnists, and general thought-leaders
- You thrive under pressure, and excel when stress levels are at their highest
- Ability to find issues bubbling up in the conservative media world before they have been widely reported
- A clear understanding of how Twitter, Facebook, user-generated content, and viral videos are shaping the news cycle
- Strong news judgment and an eye for underreported content and ideas. Can you find the nugget of interest that no one else has discovered?
- The ability to write an “objective” news article at one moment, and transition into writing an opinionated column the next
New York or Washington based is preferred but not required.
Send us an email ([email protected] mediaite.com) with your resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the position. Please include links to articles you’ve written and edited.
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]