Eagles Star Saquon Barkley Denies Being on Trump’s New Sports Council — Says He Was ‘Shocked’ to Hear His Name at Presser

 

Philadelphia Eagles star running back Saquon Barkley revealed Monday he’s not actually on President Donald Trump’s newly formed sports council.

Last week, Trump held a press conference announcing the revival of the Presidential Fitness Test. He was joined by several members of his council as well as several professional athletes — including Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker, golfer Bryson DeChambeau, and NFL legend Lawrence Taylor. Trump also revealed that the athletes in attendance were part of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition.

Those weren’t the only members of the council, however. Trump added that council members not in attendance included Barkley, golf legend Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods.

Barkley’s inclusion, however, seems to have been inaccurate. Although the two seemed to get along well during the Eagles’ trip to the White House, he reportedly declined the opportunity to join the council. Sportswriter Zach Berman continued:

Saquon Barkley said he’s not a part of President Trump’s council on Sports, Fitness and Nutrition.

He was asked a few months ago and it wasn’t something he was prepared to take on. He was “shocked” that his name was mentioned.

The beginning of this new sports council has been largely marked by confusion. During Trump’s press conference last Friday, Taylor admitted on the podium that he had no idea what he was supposed to be doing.

Watch above via Fox News

Tags: