Bill O’Reilly is slowly coming out of his shell after the ignominious end of his two decade career at Fox News. In an interview with Newsmax TV’s John Bachman on Thursday O’Reilly specifically addressed his firing from Fox News and what the future may hold for him.
“Whoever I work for is going to have to have a lot of courage,” he said early in the program — likely one of the bigger understatements of the week.
The former ratings king of television offered public lamentation for how he handled the matters surrounding his departure from Fox and heaped praise on his former colleague, Sean Hannity.
“This was no accident that our sponsors were attacked,” he said. “This was very well organized. They tried it with Hannity. Hannity fought back. I should have.”
Bill O continued — no spin.
“Hannity knows they’re looking to get him, but I admire Sean and how he handled the situation. He brought it directly to the folks, and the sponsors stopped. He lost a few but they stopped so he was successful in fighting off the attack but there will be more.”
During the height of his own crisis, the O’Reilly factor bled official sponsors left and right, draining revenue and resulting in some very awkward air times moments. As he has in the past, O’Reilly cited a left wing conspiracy as the root of his troubles.
“The goal is to destroy the Fox News channel because that is the only television medium that gives Donald Trump a fair shake.”
After swatting back a number of unsubstantiated rumors last month, Hannity’s supporters rallied behind him and his position at Fox News now seems secure.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org