Fox News Host Lawrence Jones Reveals the Reason Behind Sudden Absence From Network

 

(Screengrab via YouTube/Fox News)

Fox & Friends co-host Lawrence Jones revealed the reason behind his sudden absence from the network this week.

In a statement released to his X account on Thursday, Jones said he underwent surgery for “another retina detachment.” It came just months after had a procedure for the same eye condition that stemmed from a “childhood sports injury.”

“Regrettably, I’ve sustained another retina detachment, which is common after the initial tear,” he said. “Yesterday, I underwent surgery again with the best care team.”

Jones thanked his colleagues, Fox management, and viewers for their support, adding: “I’m optimistic that I’ll be back soon!”

Jones’s latest procedure comes after the host underwent surgery in January to repair a detached retina in his right eye. Jones previously said he had experienced vision problems toward the end of 2025, but initially did not believe it warranted a trip to the doctor.

After seeing a specialist in December, Jones said he was told within hours that he had a detached retina requiring surgery as soon as possible.

“And I’m glad I did because it ended up being something more serious,” Jones told People in February.

Following the January operation, Jones returned to Fox & Friends while still recovering, saying he wanted viewers to see the process rather than wait until he was completely healed.

Jones did not say when he would return to the curvy couch.

New: The Mediaite One-Sheet "Newsletter of Newsletters"
Your daily summary and analysis of what the many, many media newsletters are saying and reporting. Subscribe now!

Tags: