We’re having so many feels about the latest croissant hybrid. Croissant + bagel = Crogel.
Gothamist was the first to report on the Crogel being served at a Connecticut chain called Stew Leonard’s. And yes, it’s exactly what you think it is: “shape croissant dough into the size of a bagel, then kettle boil and hearth baked it. Crispy on the outside… buttery and flaky inside!”
Here’s an annotated list of all of our feels about the Crogel.
1. We miss just regular ol’ croissants. Because a good croissant is like, the best thing ever. And making great croissants is not easy! Have you had a bad croissant? It’s just not right.
2. Is the bagel something that should be tampered with?
3. Then again, we really do love bagels.
4. Is this Crogel made like a New York bagel? Because that could change how we feel about it.
5. How does Dominique Ansel feel about all of this?
6. IS THAT AN EVERYTHING CROGEL WE SEE IN THE PHOTO? That might change things.
7. Then again, we do love savory things. And Cronuts can be a little overbearing on our sweet tooth.
8. OK, fine, we’ll try one. But we can’t guarantee that we’ll like it.
9. There’s a good chance that we’ll like it.
Are You Kidding: There Is Still A Long Line for Cronuts During Today’s Blizzard
WATCH: Cronuts and Paula Deen Land Atop Today’s Pop Culture Standouts of 2013
What Have You Done, Cronut? The 7 Eyerolling-est Pastry Hybrids of 2013
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org