Billy Bush: Trump’s ‘Reopening Wounds’ of Accusers By Claiming Access Hollywood Tape Is Fake
— The Late Show (@colbertlateshow) December 5, 2017
In recent days, it’s been reported that President Donald Trump has privately been telling associates that he doesn’t believe the infamous Access Hollywood tape — yeah, the one in which he said “grab ’em by the pussy” — is authentic. Even though he apologized for those comments last year, Trump is now apparently claiming that it isn’t his voice on the tape.
Following these reports, former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush — who lost his NBC job after the tape was released — penned a New York Times op-ed refuting Trump, stating unequivocally that it was indeed the president’s voice on the tape. Bush also used the column to praise the women who came forward to accuse Trump of sexual harassment and misconduct while also noting that their accounts tracked with Trump’s remarks and behavior.
In a Monday night appearance on CBS’s The Late Show, Bush not only told host Stephen Colbert that it was indeed Trump’s voice on the notorious clip, he also told the late-night comedian that he was infuriated due to Trump “reopening wounds” for all the women who accused him of inappropriate behavior in the aftermath of the tape’s release.
“Enough’s enough,” he exclaimed. “Stop playing around with people’s lives! That upset me.”
Watch the clip above, via CBS.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com