We’re almost at the end, and now that Kwame is gone, we’re definitely at the point where we die a little inside every time a contestant gets eliminated. Plus, it’s season 13, episode 13. Doubly unlucky- if you watched the previews for tonight’s episode, you know that a contestant will be eliminated in the Quickfire challenge in addition to the elimination challenge. So grab that box of tissues and a bottle of something. You’re gonna need to numb the pain.
Note: Please drink responsibly. Switch to water if you need to!
Drink 1 Sip:
- Any time a chef says he or she is NOT going to go home over a piece of toast.
- Any time a chef can’t believe anyone is going to go home for a piece of toast.
- Any time a chef mentions that ____ is in his/her area of expertise, because he or she does it at the restaurant.
- Any time a chef mentions that people LOVE this dish at the restaurant.
- When a chef says they’ve never made ____ before.
- When a judge says a dish is under-seasoned.
- When a judge says something is undercooked.
- When a judge says something is overcooked.
- When a judge just “doesn’t get” the dish.
- When one of the chefs is “there to win, not to make friends.”
- When a judge is disappointed that people are still making bad food this late in the game.
- When Marjorie mentions having cooked at Per Sé or similar, and therefore she’s at an advantage cooking at Fleur de Lys.
- Any time someone uses the word “iconic” to describe Fleur de Lys.
- Any time someone uses the phrase “San Francisco institution” to describe Fleur de Lys.
Drink 2 Sips:
- When Padma makes a terrible joke.
- Any time Tom comes up with a pun based on either the name of the dish or an aspect of the challenge
- When a chef or judge says “someone has to go home.” Thank you for reminding us!
- If Padma is drunker than you and you need to catch up.
Take A Shot:
- When whoever goes home says “this won’t be the last you see of me.” (both times)
- During the entire inevitable insane montage of praise from famous culinary people for Fleur de Lys.
Thanks for playing! We’ll be back tomorrow with a recap in case you can’t remember what happened. Cheers!
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]