Thomas Keller to Close Per Se, Is Opening Señor Frogs Instead
Happy Friday, everyone! Spring seems to have officially sprung, although apparently it’s going to snow in New York on Monday. But let’s enjoy the warm weather while we can. Here’s what you need to know today:
1. Thomas Keller has decided to close Per Se. He told The Braiser, “after reading Pete Wells’ review, I knew it was time for a change.” He’ll be opening a Señor Frogs instead. “Maybe this is what I need to do to earn back those two stars,” Keller mumbled under his breath.
2. Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis have decided to give it a try as a couple. “We figured, the supermarket tabloids say it so often, maybe it’s a good idea,” De Laurentiis told us.
3. Daniel Boulud will be shuttering each of the restaurants in his empire, saying that he actually does not know how to cook at all. “I can’t keep living this lie anymore,” he told The Braiser. “Some of the things we’ve been serving…I’m not even sure whether it was food at all. I accidentally wandered into a kitchen one day, and started telling people what to do. I didn’t mean for it to go this far.”
4. The next season of Anthony Bourdain‘s Parts Unknown will reportedly focus exclusively on The Cheesecake Factory. “I just love their menu,” says Bourdain. “It has something for everyone and I’m excited to try out the different iterations of the menu in different cities. I’m looking forward to seeing whether the spring rolls are as good in Tucson as they are in Des Moines.”
5. We recently sat down with author and activist Michael Pollan. In between shoving bites of a Lean Cuisine frozen dinner into his mouth and slugging a gallon-size neon blue Slurpee, he said, “yeah, I’m just kidding about all that sh*t I wrote. I can’t believe it’s gone on this long!” His next book, set to come out this fall is called F*ck Vegetables: How to Stay Thin on Snickers Bars Alone.
Enjoy your April Fools Day, everyone!
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com