Former Fox News Host Eric Bolling Opens Up About His Son’s Death
Former Fox News host Eric Bolling opened up to Bill Stanton about the death of his son, who passed from an accidental opioid overdose last year.
Bolling said he learned about the passing of 19-year-old Eric Chase Bolling just hours after learned of his ouster from Fox News on September 8, in an appearance on Stanton’s Law & Crime show Totally BS.
“I got a phone call at 10 o’clock at night that said my son had passed,” Bolling explained.
“It ended up being an accidental opioid overdose,” he continued. “He bought Xanax from someone. It was a street Xanax. Turns out it was laced with Fentanyl.”
Eric Chase Bolling had just started his sophomore year at University of Colorado, when he overdosed at his apartment.
Bolling went on to explain the dangers of Fentanyl, an incredibly powerful opioid that has led to a spike in drug deaths throughout the United States.
The former host of Fox News show The Specialists received the call about his son’s passing on the way home from dinner with his wife, hours after he left the network over sexual harassment claims. He had been suspended from The Specialists in August, and the show was eventually cancelled.
Since then, Bolling has become something of an advocate against opioid abuse, using Twitter to raise awareness of the crisis, and even meeting with President Donald Trump to urge government action.
You can watch a clip above, via Law & Crime.
Stanton’s program Totally BS is a new addition to the Law & Crime 24/7 linear and OTT network. More from Bolling’s appearance is available here.
Correction: Bolling was suspended in August, not June, as a previous version of this post stated.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org