Sarah Sanders Defends the White House Not Holding a Press Briefing For Nearly 3 Weeks
On Sunday, Sarah Sanders defended the White House not holding a press briefing for nearly three weeks.
Speaking to Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, Wallace asked the White House press secretary why there has not been a press briefing since September 10 and wondered if the decision had been made to move the briefings off-camera because of reporters who “grandstand.”
She replied, “Certainly, I won’t disagree with the fact that they grandstand… I think it’s pretty widely known that it happens.”
Then she said this: “The day that the briefing was initially created, the atmosphere was incredibly different and you didn’t have the same access and ways to communicate with the American public.”
Then when Wallace asked if that meant on-camera press briefings have come to an end, Sanders said, Trump’s White House is “going to continue to do that.”
She stressed, though, that it is much better to hear directly from Trump himself.
“But I always think if you can hear directly from the president and the press has a chance to ask the President of the United States questions directly, that’s infinitely better than talking to me,” Sanders said. “We try to do that a lot and you’ve seen us do that a lot over the last three weeks, and that’s going to take the place of a press briefing when you can talk to the President of the United States.”
Watch above, via Fox News
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com