Donald Trump has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize, as has Pope Francis. Other names on the list include US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz and Edward Snowden.
Hundreds of people are nominated each year, of course. Kristian Berg Harpviken, a Nobel watcher and head of the Peace Research Institute in Oslo, first noticed Trump’s name among the list of proposals. The person who nominated the GOP presidential candidate wrote that Trump should win for “his vigorous peace through strength ideology, used as a threat weapon of deterrence against radical Islam, Isis, nuclear Iran and Communist China.”
Harpviken failed to mention Trump’s name on the shortlist of people who could, in the Peace Research Institute’s opinion, actually win.
Still, this is still an accomplishment for the business mogul. The Norwegian Nobel committee ultimately receives some 200 nominations. Being among those is just another achievement Trump can add to his ever-growing list. Here are a few others:
- Donald Trump has joked about shooting voters
- Donald Trump has encouraged his followers to beat up protestors
- Donald Trump has tried to take opportunities to make a living away from disabled vets
- Donald Trump has tried to bulldoze an old woman’s house to make a parking lot
- Donald Trump has ridiculed a respected reporter with a degenerative disease
- Donald Trump has given white supremacists a bigger platform from which to reach people
- Donald Trump has announced plans to “bomb the hell” out of entire geographical regions
- Donald Trump has denounced entire races of human beings as “rapists” and “thieves”
- Donald Trump has commented sexually on his daughter’s looks multiple times
- Donald Trump has attacked the former Secretary of State with sexist remarks
- Donald Trump has attacked a prolific attorney and journalist with more sexist remarks
- Donald Trump has proposed profiling members of one race into a database
- Donald Trump has said he will “beat the shit out of” ISIS when discussing his foreign policy
Congratulations to the peaceful presidential candidate on this latest accomplishment!
[image via screengrab]
For more from Lindsey, follow her on Twitter.
This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.