White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is scheduled to address the media today at 1:30 EST following an extremely eventful past few days for the Trump administration.
Mr. Spicer will have a lot of questions to answer given recent controversial events, accusations and reports of more leaking from White House insiders.
The Press Secretary will have to answer for President Trump’s accusation that former FBI director James Comey lied under oath after the President claimed that some of the things in Comey’s Thursday testimony “just weren’t true”, in statements Mr. Trump made directly following Mr. Comey’s testimony in front of Congress.
Will Spicer address the most recent bombshell allegations that White House adviser Kellyanne Conway was caught at a Washington D.C. party allegedly dishing the dirt on her colleagues in the Trump administration? An allegation that Spicer has already denied.
In addition to the Comey testimony and Conway allegations, Mr. Spicer can be expected to address the following:
– Reports that the President has cancelled a plan trip to England due to protesters.
– The recent non-binding referendum in that would make Puerto Rico the 51st state in the Union.
– Recent comments made by German Chancellor Angela Merkel during her trip to Mexico where she appeared to criticize President Trump’s plan to build a border wall.
– President Trump’s claim that he is willing to testify under oath, following James Comey’s testimony on Capitol Hill last week.
– The allusive and infamous tapes. Does the President possess tapes of private conversations with former FBI Director James Comey and will he provide them to Congress if he does?
It’s been an interesting week for the White House which should lead to an interesting presser.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]