comScore

WATCH LIVE: Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill Debates State AG Josh Hawley As Polls Show Key Race in Dead Heat

Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) and state Attorney General Josh Hawley (R) face off in the second debate between the two Senate candidates Thursday evening at 8 p.m. ET in St. Louis.

The Senate race is one of the most competitive in the nation and a true toss up, according to recent polls. PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff will be moderating the debate.

FiveThirtyEight currently gives McCaskill, a two-term incumbent Democrat who is the first female U.S. Senator elected by Missouri voters, a 58.4 percent chance of holding on to her seat. Hawley, a Republican who has been endorsed by President Donald Trump, is given a 41.6 percent chance of victory.

The Real Clear Politics average, however, has favored Hawley over the past two months, giving him a 0.5-point edge over McCaskill.

McCaskill is one of the 10 Democrats tasked with defending Senate seats in states Trump won in 2016. The president carried Missouri in 2016, besting Clinton by 19 percent.

Watch the debate LIVE above, via PBS NewsHour

Have a tip we should know? tips@mediaite.com

Filed Under:
  1. Mediaite
  2. The Mary Sue
  3. RunwayRiot
  4. Law & Crime
  5. SportsGrid
  6. AmboTV
  7. Gossip Cop