Mediaite is searching for a data-driven Social Media Director who is well-organized, has exceptional understanding of statistics and a proven record of using data and strategy to build traffic and engagement. The position will oversee social media and social partnerships for Mediaite.com but is NOT a position focused on posting content but rather, using data to create strategies and fruitful partnerships. The duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring engagement and analytics reporting.
- Researching and staying ahead of social media trends, tools, and news
- Analyzing top influencers and competitors.
- Coordinating with the editorial and management teams to create social media strategies across the board and, at times, collaborate with marketing and custom campaigns.
- Monitor comments, questions, and inquiries across all social media channels.
- Create strategic and impactful social media partnerships with publishing partners
Abrams Media owns and operates a growing suite of digital media publishing properties that reach 12 to 15 million users each month. The sites include Mediaite (news/politics), The Mary Sue (geek/entertainment news from female perspective), Runway Riot (fashion/beauty/e-commerce), LawNewz (legal/crime).
- Social media analytics experience (preferably with a publisher)
- Expertise with Facebook in particular, but also Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, Pinterest, LinkedIn and more.
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc).
- Deep familiarity with social media and analytics software (Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Ability to occasionally spend time on weekends and/or evenings performing social media analysis or marketing efforts, as needed.
- Knowledge of, and appreciation for Mediaite.com and its audience.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
Please send an email with the title Social Media Strategist to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume.
Have a tip we should know? email@example.com