Roy Moore said during a campaign speech on Sunday night that he’s plans to sue The Washington Post over their report in which four women accused the Alabama senate candidate of making advances on them when they were in their teens.
One of the accusations included a woman who said that Moore molested her when she was 14 and he was 32.
Since the bombshell allegations dropped last week, pressure has mounted on Moore from within his own party to drop out — but the former judge has remained defiant, vowing to stay in the race and casting the allegations as a conspiracy drummed up by a shady cabal of democrats and the media intent on his downfall.
In a speech Moore gave on Sunday night — video of which was posted to his Facebook page and flagged by AL.com — Moore again denied the allegations before the Huntsville Christian Academy.
Towards the end of his speech, Moore declared that “The Washington Post published another attack on my character and reputation in a desperate attempt to stop my political campaign.”
“These attacks about a minor child are completely false and untrue. And for which they will be sued,” Moore said.
“We do not intend to let the Democrats, we do not intend to let the established Republicans, we do not intend to let anybody deter us from finishing this race,” he continued. “We fully expect the people of Alabama to see through this charade. And we will continue our efforts.”
Though many in Moore’s own party have distanced themselves from him, the former judge has found a trusty sidekick in his quest for innocence: Breitbart News, which has dispatched two reporters to Alabama in a bid to discredit the allegations.
Watch above, via Roy Moore’s Facebook. His WaPo comments start at 32:00.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]