Jimmy Fallon finally weighed in on David Letterman’s big retirement announcement Friday night by presenting his own Letterman-style top ten list of reasons the veteran Late Show host is leaving late night next year. Fallon talked about how much he “loves” Letterman and reminisced about the time he got the chance to guest-host for him.
“It’s hard to imagine late night TV without him, because he revolutionized it,” Fallon said. “He made it what it is today. And, after I heard the news, I kind of started thinking about reasons why Letterman is retiring.” From there, he read off his top ten list:
10. Wants to quit while he’s still able to compete on Dancing With The Stars.
9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
8. Time slot was getting too “Jimmyesque.”
7. He’s not retiring — he’s “consciously unhosting.”
6. Stop! Hammock time!
5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
4: After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website.
3. One word: E-LOprah.
2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season’s Amazing Race.
1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.
Watch video below, via NBC:
[photo via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org