Trump Once Again Says North Korea Summit Still in Works: ‘We are Looking at June 12 in Singapore’
During an Oval Office meeting and photo-op with Josh Holt, the American who was held as a prisoner in Venezuela since 2016, President Donald Trump once again doubled down on his claims that the North Korean summit would go on as planned despite canceling it earlier this week.
After greeting Holt and calling on Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) and others to speak about the work involved in getting the American freed Saturday night, Trump moved the discussion to renewed talks concerning the once-canceled North Korean Summit.
“We are doing very well in terms of the Summit with North Korea,” he said, directing his comments to the media. “Looks like it’s going along very well. As you know, there are meetings going on as we speak in a certain location which I won’t name, but you’d like the location. It’s not so far away from here.”
He then added: “It’s moving along nicely. We are looking at June 12 in Singapore. That hasn’t changed…It’s moving along pretty well. So we’ll see what happens.”
Then, responding to a shouted out question from the press, he noted, “the talks are going very well.”
Trump’s comments also echo his Friday tweet in which, just one day after the cancellation of the summit, suggested it may not be canceled after all.
We are having very productive talks with North Korea about reinstating the Summit which, if it does happen, will likely remain in Singapore on the same date, June 12th., and, if necessary, will be extended beyond that date.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 26, 2018
Watch above, via Fox News.
[image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? [email protected]