Trump Skipping WH Correspondents Dinner Again After Slamming Press as ‘So Fake’
UPDATE 8:30 a.m. EST: The White House issued a statement announcing President Donald Trump will not be attending the affair, but Press Sec Sarah Huckabee Sanders will:
The White House has told @whca that Trump will not be going to its annual dinner later this month but that @presssec will attend and other administration officials are also encouraged to go (unlike last year). pic.twitter.com/hlkDCvgadk
— Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) April 6, 2018
President Donald Trump made a surprise call into Bernie and Sid in the Morning today and said he’ll most likely bail on the White House Correspondents Dinner again.
“Nerd Prom” is coming back to Washington at the end of the month, and that has prompted a lot of speculation about whether the president would attend this time or skip out like last year. As Trump spoke on the radio about the recent Gridiron dinner, he went into his usual criticisms about how the press is “so bad,” “so fake,” and make up sources all the time while covering his administration.
“They’re like novelists. I call them novelists,” Trump said. “Now in some cases there’s sources, but then they won’t do it correctly either.”
Trump finished up the segment by saying he “probably” won’t do the dinner again.
Listen above, via WABC.
[Image via screengrab]
Have a tip we should know? firstname.lastname@example.org